Tuesday, October 23, 2007

fires in fallbrook

just a quick note for those wondering about my family in fallbrook. there are two fires raging there, and the ENTIRE town of fallbrook has been evacuated. my parents and their dog are staying at our house. my cousin brett went into fallbrook very early this morning and my parents house is safe, as is my aunt and uncle's. my dad left a little while ago to go check out the house, but every road leading into fallbrook in barricaded. craziness. i'll update again later if anything changes.

5 comments:

Bridget said...

Thanks for the update- I've been so worried!

Cammie said...

Thanks Megan. I didn't know it was in Fallbrook--I'm so glad your family is safe! Are the fires being contained?

Cammie said...

I just looked at a KPBS map online of all of the areas involved and I'm so scared! It is really hard being so far away from family and friends.

Megan and Vinny said...

the fires aren't contained yet. they are burning in the east side of town - by where Marin Cooper used to live. my parents still can't get into fallbrook. i'll update again if anything changes. love you guys!!!

Brynn said...

Won't it be nice when your parents finally move out to their own place?