Sunday, December 30, 2007

Blowing out the candles of Another year

(by Vinny) Dec 24th. Megan's birthday. We made our annual birthday pilgrimage to Benihana's; a place where some things never get old: the onion volcano; the mickey mouse rice, Mason using his chop sticks so he looks like Wolverine; shrimp flying; and delicious fried rice. It was excellent! There are no pictures of that here but we have a wonderful birthday picture book with everyone's Polaroid’s in it! My Japanese chef was excellent, even if he spoke with a thick Latin American accent and had "Alejandro" written on his name tag. Megan's chef, one table over, was a greenie and we think it was his first time ever cooking there! But he sure tried hard! I sat a different table next to Tressa, who I would like to adopt but her parents refuse to allow it (c'mon!) Later we all went over to the Davies house where we had tons of fun watching the Christmas story acted out. I'll let Megan tell you about that later.... (so cute!!) We did have some excellent birthday cake for Megan. Here is a picture of Megan blowing out the candles on her cake. Looks like someone decided to help her out. Where was he when San Diego was burning down??? Forget the planes and firefighters!...They should have just called Mason!

7 comments:

Brynn said...

I'm laughing so hard my stomach hurts! Did Megan ask for help?!?!?!?

Bridget said...

I am glad that megan is back. Happy birthday to the two of you!

Cammie said...

Happy Birthday!!! I'm so glad you had a fun time.

Bridget said...

Did you know that Williams-sonoma has sprinkles cupcake mix? It costs a fortune, but if you love it....

Megan and Vinny said...

bridget - my mom gave me a sprinkles mix, and i have yet to make them. i think i am waiting for that perfect chilly day when all i want to do is bake and eat cupcakes. thanks for the heads-up! i could always use more - ha.

Brynn said...

new post please

Bridget said...

I miss you... where did you go? I used angelina as a picture representing me and I totally thought of you!