Saturday, August 15, 2009

mastering the art of french kissing... i mean cooking!

so, vinny and i went and saw julie and julia today. more like, i said "i will see that stupid g.i. joe movie with you if you will see julie and julia with me." and off we went.


i am now filled with the desire to concoct a chocolate souffle of some sort, or at the very least, poach an egg.


i adored the movie. i adore meryl streep. but the way she played julia child was just luminous. the flashes in her eyes, her infectuous laughter... i wanted to climb into the movie and hug her. mostly, i think that's because in her quiet moments meryl as julia reminded me of my grandma. her playfulness, her determination, but mostly her happy confidence in herself.


the movie actually inspired me. maybe not to write a book, but to find something that i love to do. and do it.


maybe i'll start with poaching an egg...


5 comments:

Vinny said...

while the movie was a chick flick....It was 1000 times better than GI Joe! AND I think Meryl Streep deserves an Oscar!

It was fun watching it with Megan!

The Lingo Family said...

ok great- I sort of wanted to see the movie before but now, after reading your review, I HAVE to see it! I have not been to a movie since before Ella was born a year and a half ago. Maybe I can sneak away for this flick. :)

Brynn said...

I love the title of this post!!! You're hilarious!!!!!!!

MommyBrec said...

I LOVE this post! I wish my blog posts were HALF as fun to read as yours!:D You are good at writing...maybe you SHOULD write a book! I miss you, Megan! (Hearing you talk about cooking reminded me of you making sandwiches for Vinny in my room at SVC. LOL! What a chef! :D) And can i just say i HATED G.I.Joe?! It was SO CORNEY!

Cammie said...

I haven't seen GI Joe but I would have a similar response to going and seeing it :). And now I have to see Julie and Julia!

This post was so fun. Megan, I miss you!!