Friday, December 18, 2009

a request...

you probably all know by now that we are waiting for an adoption of a child from china. for reasons that are not clear, adoptions from china have all but screached to a halt. we have waited for 3 years so far, and we have been told by our agency to be prepared to wait (possibly) many more years. vinny and i have been married for 9 1/2 years and can't wait to be parents.

we have decided that while we wait for our daughter from china we will also pursue other avenues of adding to our family. we are open to considering adoption from most other countries, and are also open to adopting domestically.

if any of you have experience with a particular agency that you would like to recommend, we welcome that with open arms. if you have friends who can recommend an agency please let us know. i'm feeling pretty confused about just where to start.

we are also hoping to get pregnant and would welcome your prayers for us on this matter.

thanks to everyone for all of your support! merry christmas and happy holidays!!!
love, megan and vinny

4 comments:

michelle said...

Good luck you guys!
We'll be praying for you on all levels and have already... hoping for the VERY BEST in the new year!

Renee and Jake said...

you guys are in my thoughts and prayers. Megan, I wish I could have met you. You must be pretty darn GREAT and patient to snag Vinny. He is one of a kind, I love Vinny. I hope your prayers are soon answered. From what I can tell, that will be one blessed child.

Meg said...

Megan, I have never met you and Vinny its been many years, but Shellie prompted me to your blog. My husband and I have been married 9 years in March. We just adopted our first child, she was born in April and came home from the hospital with us. We went through LDS family services. I don't know if you have tried that avenue, but if you have any questions about it, I'd love to answer them. They are understaffed all over and so you have to stay on top of things, we have had a few little paperwork issues, but that is how we were blessed with our sweet little girl. They have a great site called itsaboutlove.org where you can view the couples waiting to adopt that might give you an idea of how it works. Just email me at koyles @gmail.com if you would like.

rosebud said...

Best of luck to you! I served in New Jersey and rub shoulders occassionally with Vinny on facebook... you guys deserve the best!!