Monday, November 5, 2007

hasn't this happened before?

Saturday I (Vinny) was out and about appraising and, as usual I found myself on a very unfriendly dirt road. I went to back up and there was this little rock I didn't see that hit my undercarriage. The rock, like the iceberg from Titanic, was much larger underneath and as I went over it the tiny piece that hit my front axle enabled my car to push the whole rock out from the ground, revealing a much larger menace which did some damage. My car became high- centered and I was stranded in a dead-cell-phone-area on the outskirts of the Cleveland National Forest (which is no where near Cleveland, by the way). Luckily these burly 3 men where nearby and although they didn't understand English they certainly understood my situation. They saved my bacon! I refer to them as my 3 amigos. They didn't want their picture taken. They didn't understand the word "blog" either. Oh well, I snapped one anyway and caught 2 of them on camera! Gracias amigos!

sorry - the picture thing on blogger isn't working, so stay tuned for the photos.

4 comments:

Brynn said...

Vin, I can't comment until I see the picture!

Cammie said...

That is so funny and not funny when it is happening. I'm thinking of the scraping sound when you run over a rock that scrapes the underneath of the car and your whole body just cringes.

I'm grateful for your three amigos!

Bridget said...

That is awesome. Can't wait to see the photo.

Mindi said...

Vin, since when have you become interested in blogging? I expect to see some comments since you are not allowed to be a silent blogger.

I am very perplexed by this situation, I cannot imagine anything like this happening to you. Don't you have a perfect driving record, no accidents, incidents, or unusual circumstances? Hummmmmmmm!!!